5 Steps to Maximize Holiday Marketing by Planning Now
Let's face it - the heat of summer has officially dwindled down to a subtle glow. As we set our sights on the cozy warmth of fall, it’s time to think seriously about planning for your seasonal marketing campaigns. Here are 5 essential tips to ensure that you enjoy more holiday success and less stress in the months to come...
- Create a Consistent Visual Story. What will your customers and potential consumers be seeing when they click on your company's site or browse your brand's social posts? Creating a relevant graphic story across your online channels allows you to control what kind of message the public is seeing. Plan a consistent, holiday-themed visual strategy for your website, email outreach, social, and digital marketing.
- Connect to the Now. Establish a relationship between your business and what is going on in the real world. Try to keep your target audience in mind when you're sharing something of value. Provide retailers with themed shelf talkers or store promotions, for example. Give the 'people' something they can use, or at least appreciate. By taking this initiative, you can rapidly increase your level of brand awareness (and potential sales).
- Plan your Holiday Promotions. What kinds of deals will you be offering your customers? What types of promotions do consumers like? According to a recent report from Bronto and Ipsos:
- 71% of consumers say percent-discount promotions make them want to buy, and 72% of retailers say they plan to use these types of promotions this holiday season.
- 52% of consumers say they like "buy one, get one free" promotions, but only 38% of retailers say plan to use them this holiday season.
- 54% of Millennial shoppers say flash sales are more likely to make them buy.
- Email isn’t dead. Just the opposite, it’s one of the most effective ways to increase sales during the holiday season. Remember, what's the number one source that consumers trust most? That's right, each other! Consider creating “sharing offers” for friends and family, it will up the likelihood subscribers spreading word of the good deal. Strategic and proactive moves like these can expand your network, making a potential connection to could-be consumers more viable.
- Say Thanks. It’s not ideal to sell, sell, sell all the time. Your customers want to see a little heart and emotion, especially during the holiday season. Create a short, creative and non-commercial video to tap into this human connection. Show off more of your brand's personality or share gratitude for your loyal fan base. Tug at the heart strings a bit and your customers will be more likely to tug at their wallets...
Are you ready to get started planning a successful holiday marketing campaign? Let’s fan your flame - connect with us, today.